Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Gary Metzler

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the explanation.  It is very helpful.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Hi Gary,

I can reproduce that, it looks like it's been an issue for awhile: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8961  The reason you are hearing the noise is because NVDA plays a sound when an error is recorded to the log in Alpha or Beta versions.  The errors don't seem to affect the actual running of NVDA or Outlook, so running a stable version of NVDA, you wouldn't have noticed anything, even though the errors were still generated.

While it would still be worth aiming to fix these errors, because they don't impact use aside from the error generated, it doesn't tend to be as high priority as something which does affect using the software.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 7:02 AM Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin,

I am running the latest windows 10 and nvda beta 1.  The thing I notice is when I start outlook 2016 I get a sound that I never got before.  I just wanted to let you know.  Other then that beta 1 is working fine.