From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Hello!

For Vocalizer Expressive from Tiflotecnia, we kindly request to deactivate the license, perform the update of NVDA, update the Vocalizer Expressive driver and reactivate the license...

Note that the availability of a activation deactived take some hours...
so, if you have 0 activations remaining, contact us first...

The new sdriver should be uploaded to our webpage in a couple of days...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 16:55 de 09/12/2019, Mike Sedmak escreveu:
Will python 3 compatible synthesizers be backwards compatible with 2019.2?
Or will vocalizer and other synth users need to:
1. disable the current synth
2. upgrade to 2019.3
3. Download the synth update and re-enable the synthesizer

Thanks,
Mike

Replying to everyone at once just to save traffic:

Kostadin: I'm not sure when the translation freeze will begin, I'd
suggest likely early in the new year, but don't quote me on that -
I'll try to get you a more up to date answer.

Shaun: I'm not sure what you were replying to there about not wanting
another announcement? Which one don't you want? Also re audio
themes, yes, it will come, not in 2019.3, but it will come :)

Robert: Feel free to try the beta out, even if you are using
non-standard add-ons, at least you can work out what will work and
what won't and maybe find an alternative way for some things or
convince add-on authors to update (and ideally publish on the community page - unless they....
wouldn't meet the legal requirements, shall we say, in which case, do
consider finding an alternative :))

Gene: Glad the update didn't break your startup setting. Fingers
crossed it works from now on! :)

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <
hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin

I noticed this time when I down loaded the beta it keeped my setting
for starting nvda when windows starts up. it used to un check the
box so glad it is fixed.

Well I am guessing it will stay the same from now on with each beta
update?

Gene nz

On 9/12/2019 8:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Sky,

The copy to clipboard etc conversation comes up regularly. For now,
I'll just direct you to my comment last time this came up:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/66783

Re Remote, there are arguments for and against that. For, as you
say, means new users don't need to install an update. Against is we
often get asked by companies installing NVDA about security and what
data NVDA can or does send. Currently, it's quite easy to answer,
as the program sends very little information and no personal
information or speech content or what the user is doing. If we
included Remote in the core, we'd need to work out how to keep
everyone happy. I'm not saying we can't or wouldn't, but it won't
be in 2019.3 (not least of which because aside from whether we agree
or not, we don't tend to add too many new features after we release
a beta - from now on, work on 2019.3 will primarily be around
stability and addressing any issues which get reported. New
features will still be worked on, but for Alpha releases looking
towards inclusion in 2019.1.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release,
and I have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech
refactor is certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much.
However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next
betas.
And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut
to clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d
like to see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so
that those of us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients
without them having to install add-ons. Thanks, Sky.