Re: 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

Kevin Cussick

windows key dot then select what you want to do then just hit enter on the one You want to use and hit ESC that is it hope it helps.

On 10/12/2019 01:23, Robert Mendoza wrote:
HI, Molly and others
Emojis panel works fine and perfect. However, I could not able to copy it.Maybe someone here could give info on how to get and use
On 12/9/2019 10:56 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I like the emoji panel ☺

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nikola Jovic
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2019.3 how to use Emoticons

For emoticons, the addon helps to insert them without remembering each simbol. As for emoji, if you use Windows 10, there is something called the emoji panel. To access it, you use windows plus . period, and pick the one you want to insert either by choosing a category, or just by searching for an emoji. Your recently used simbols will always be at the top.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Thanks but, my question is how will gonna use Emoticon

let say you wanting to pick from the list. Or Do we have to use key
command in order to pick of our choice

and from their we could easily copy and paste to particular editor.

On 12/9/2019 9:14 PM, Nikola Jovic wrote:
It's not. Don't confuse Emoji and emoticon. An emoticon is composed
tipically of a combination of several punctuation marks, like less
than sign and number 3 for the heart emoticon. However, these days
emoji are used more frequently, which are unicode specific simbols
and modern apps often automatically convert emoticons to alternative
emoji. About the emoticons addon itself, it will be ported as the
Python 3 changes are already being tested by the developer. Reading
of emoji is supported by NVDA natively and does not require
additional addons.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3, my
question is here how to use this features?