Does anybody use a telnet BBS?

John Isige

I ask because I'm on ISCA BBS, the only one I know of that's still going, though there might be others. I have an addon that makes a client for it read the text automatically as it comes in and let's you review it. It's nothing fancy, I literally stole it from NVDA's internal code for PuTTY and changed the window name, so it treats the client window as a terminal. I've been using it for quite a while now. I've never bothered uploading it to the community because I didn't think it would be useful to anybody but me, but since I just made it work with 2019.3beta1, I figured I'd at least ask in case somebody's been waiting for just such a thing to exist. If so, it does, and sorry I didn't mention it sooner.

Alternatively, if you're on one of these and you've found a way to use NVDA without an addon, I'd love to hear about it. You could run a client on a Unix variant I guess, but this addon let's you do everything right from Windows. You get a full editor and all, as opposed to single line editing with telnet. If there's a way to do that on Windows without an addon, I'm really interested in trying it out.