From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Does anybody use a telnet BBS?

I ask because I'm on ISCA BBS, the only one I know of that's still going,
though there might be others. I have an addon that makes a client for it read
the text automatically as it comes in and let's you review it. It's nothing
fancy, I literally stole it from NVDA's internal code for PuTTY and changed
the window name, so it treats the client window as a terminal. I've been using
it for quite a while now. I've never bothered uploading it to the community
because I didn't think it would be useful to anybody but me, but since I just
made it work with 2019.3beta1, I figured I'd at least ask in case somebody's
been waiting for just such a thing to exist. If so, it does, and sorry I
didn't mention it sooner.

Alternatively, if you're on one of these and you've found a way to use NVDA
without an addon, I'd love to hear about it. You could run a client on a Unix
variant I guess, but this addon let's you do everything right from Windows.
You get a full editor and all, as opposed to single line editing with telnet.
If there's a way to do that on Windows without an addon, I'm really interested
in trying it out.