Re: How to reach cookie warning banners in Windows 10

Brian Crabtree <pandbcrabtree@...>

The browser is Chrome. But I guess it is the same for all browsers, as the websites put up their legally-required banner in each browser. I don't see a way to do whatever the action should be. There is normally a link to get more info on their cookie policy, but that does not dismiss the banner.

On 28 Jul 2016, at 08:59, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Not seen this in Firefox, yes sites ask about cookies but normall tell you what to do, ie continue assumes you have agreed or agree or whatever it is.
What browser is this?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Crabtree" <pandbcrabtree@icloud.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] Fwd: How to reach cookie warning banners in Windows 10

Excuse me for posting this question again. Perhaps because of heavy focus on other topics, it got no replies the first time, but there must be folks out there who can supply answers.

Please could someone suggest how to reach and dismiss the banner that comes up on websites, advising me that the site uses cookies.

There is an x at the end of the banner, but I have tried everything I know, firstly to navigate to the banner and then to reach the x to dismiss it with NVDA and cannot get anywhere near it. I am on Windows 10 and the latest official release of NVDA.

Is there perhaps a Windows command which helps? Brian Crabtree