Re: How to reach cookie warning banners in Windows 10

Gene

I have never seen such a banner.  Also, you give no information about the browser you are using nor do you give any information about what the message says.  With more information, you might get an answer.  You may be able to set your browser to prompt you about accepting cookies on sites.  I don't recall seeing such a setting in any browser but that doesn't mean it may not be present in your browser.  It may be that you need to change a browser setting to stop this behavior. 

Gene

----- Original message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] Fwd: How to reach cookie warning banners in Windows 10

Excuse me for posting this question again. Perhaps because of heavy focus on other topics, it got no replies the first time, but there must be folks out there who can supply answers.

Please could someone suggest how to reach and dismiss the banner that comes up on websites, advising me that the site uses cookies.

There is an x at the end of the banner, but I have tried everything I know, firstly to navigate to the banner and then to reach the x to dismiss it with NVDA and cannot get anywhere near it. I am on Windows 10 and the latest official release of NVDA.

Is there perhaps a Windows command which helps? Brian Crabtree

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.