Comments on the Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add-on

Gene

When the Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer add-on first came out many years ago, it may have been that one that had lots of artifacts in Eloquence.  If so, I've been playing with both the version now available that is compatible with NVDA before migration to Python (spelling 3) and the Python 3 compatible version.  In both cases, the Eloquence synthesizer no longer has the artifacts, if it did for a time in the past.

Also, and this would need discussion and verification from others, the new version seems to cause many programs to open very slowly and it appears to run itself very slowly when selected.  Once running, it works properly but it takes a long time to run on my machine.  It appears that once other programs are running, they run properly as well.  Since this is only one machine, as I said, this needs verification.

This slowness doesn't occur with Vocalizer voices.

Whether this is a problem with the add-on itself or if it is somehow caused by changes in NVDA to how speech is handled or the change to Python 3, I have no idea.  Also, my machine is running Windows 7.