Re: Strange symbols on my Braille display

Adriani Botez

Hey Denis,

are you experiencing this also on Firefox? And is this behavior only on Twitter? Or do you see it on every website?

Here is some background about the character that you get on your braille display. This is an object replacement character and although seems to be part of the accessibility tree, it should not be exposed to the braille display.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Accessibility/Architecture

Have you enabled any accessibility development features in Chrome which might expose those characters?

Best

Adriani

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Denis Sariyannis
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Dezember 2019 14:21
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] Strange symbols on my Braille display

Hi all,
When I switch to focus mode in Chrome, my Braille display often shows things like '\xfffc'. That also sometimes happens in other situations like on the Windows login screen. Are these symbols the result of ANSI codes not defined in the configured Braille table or where do these come from?

My Braille table is German Computer Braille. I'm using NVDA Version 2019.2.1 on Windows 10.
This problem is reproducible. On the Twitter website I turn on focus mode by pressing NVDA+SPACE. When I navigate through the tweets by pressing J and K my Braille display shows these groups of symbols exclusively. If I want to read information about the tweet I have to scroll left. So it seems the Braille display is at the very end of the line by default which ends with a '\xfffc'.
Do you have any idea what this could be?

Thanks and best regards
Denis

--

Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@...
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.