Re: Android studio accessibility for windows 32 bit

Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...>

I did all things. But NVDA still not reading anything . As i stated previous JAWS starts support.
What is problem with NVDA.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 3:10 AM Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Yes.  Set that as  your Android_home as your system variable.

On 12/16/2019 11:33 PM, Ramesh Patil wrote:

Yes its present their sir.
Should I set that path  asbenvironmental variable for android_home?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 7:57 PM Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

no it is in your c:\user\yourname\Appdata\Local\Android\SDK  Try this and let me know.

On 12/16/2019 10:09 PM, Ramesh Patil wrote:

Thank you sir for your reply.

I have downloaded Android studio from from official website. I have installed it. I have checked folder Android SDK in my program files but there is no search folder present.  The Android folder in program files contain one folder with Android studio and in that there are several folders like bin JRE  lib and others. But there is no any Android SDK folder.  Should I need to download Android SDK separately from website? But I did not find any such link for downloading Android SDK I found only SDK tools for command line on Android official website.

Another thing I would like to tell you that  in Android studio folder there is JRE  folder in that there is a bin folder so I have copied windows access bridge dll file from that folder and pasted to the windows system32 folder after that my jaws become accessible with Android studio but still NVDA  is not responding any thing

I am very new in Android programming so please if you can tell me in detail thank you

Thanks
Ramesh Patil
+91 84 4670 1980.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 3:15 AM Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Hi:

1.  Go to:

Control panel/System/Advanced System Settings/Environment Variables.  You will first land on "User Variables"  Tab until you hear "System Variables.

Now press the arrow key to see if Your ANDROID_Home is listed.

if not you will have to create one yourself:

2.  Still on the "System Variable tab", tab once to new.  you will land on an edit box that will allow you to type in your variable name.

Type ANDROID_HOME.

3.  now tab once more to another Edit box and fill in the full path to the directory name where your Android SDK resides.  If you don't know where it is, tab once more to locate the browse button.  Press space on it and tab to the tree view where you can open it up to look for your Android SDK installation, usually it is in:

c:\users\YourName\Appdata\Local\Android\Sdk.

Note: Some folders are hidden by default.  You have to go to Control Panel/File options to unhide these folders.

Note: You must have admin rights to perform these system specific functions.

Hope that helps.

On 12/15/2019 11:28 PM, Ramesh Patil wrote:

Yes, I am absolutely sure I have installed 32 bit Android studio because my windows is 32bit only.

Another have set the environment variable for java home.
How to check android_home variable question mark

Thank you

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019, 7:41 PM Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Hello!  Are you absolutely sure you installed the 32 bit version of Android Studio?  Also, Check your JAVA_HOME and ANDROID_HOME variables.

On 12/15/2019 7:10 PM, Ramesh Patil wrote:

I am using windows 10 32 bit version with JDK 8 installed for 32 bit also I have activated Java access bridge but Android studio is not supporting Nvda screen reader. I vhecked check box of screen reader support under setting of android studio. But still not works.  Please guide me

Regards
Ramesh Patil