Re: Strange possible bug with the latest veta of Nvda.

Kevin Cussick

Olga already has done this. but just as recently as last week or maybe the week before I was able to change voices. no this is down to Nvda.

On 17/12/2019 04:14, Quentin Christensen wrote:
It is likely because in our alpha (and now beta) versions, we have updated NVDA to use Python 3 rather than Python 2.  For the most part, you don't need to understand too much about programming, except in general, that is a needed step, I noted a couple of the reasons in our In-Process blog a few weeks ago: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/
Basically, it means that all add-ons also need to be updated to Python 3.  Joseph has done a fantastic amount of work with many add-ons and add-on developers to help them, and he has also collated the status of all of the main official add-ons here: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html
So, what I'd recommend, is contacting the developer of the RH Voice to advise them and request they update their NVDA add-on to Python 3.
regards
Quentin.
On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io <mailto:googlemail.com@groups.io>> wrote:
Hi all,   I us RH voice,   I have all the voices for English installed,
  I only use Scottish Alan,   but for some reason I tried to change
one
of the voices still using RH voice,   but it will not let me change
from
Alan to one of the other voices.   I can say it used to work so not
sure
why it is not changing now.   it does the same with the beta and alpha,
  any chance of some of the devs trying this or if someone is using
the
same sinth as me maybe they can try this it used to work so not sure
when it changed.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager