Re: increasing rate of windows one core voices

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Well, the choppiness is not so noticable, but it is present and also words get cut off unnecessarily.  I think it isn't an NVDA problem but a problem with Sapi itself because It doesn't happen with ESpeak.  I have managed to change the rate through windows but I wish the rate could be slightly faster though, and I would not like to use the boost checkbox on NVDA itself.

On 12/19/2019 7:20 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Did you raise the native 1 core voices to 100 percent and control the nvda slider after that? That tends to help me there. I have the rate boost on and I don't notice any choppyness.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 15:03, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I have increased the speech rate of my NVDA One Core voices to the maximum 100% but it is still rather draggy.  I tried to boost the rate via the NVDA speech settings but I don't like the result because speech then becomes more choppy and less intelligible even when I drop the rate down after applying the boost.  Is there a way I can speed up the speech via the native windows speech settings itself?  Thanks for any help.  Cheers!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.