Re: increasing rate of windows one core voices

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Well, the choppiness is not so noticable, but it is present and also words get cut off unnecessarily.  I think it isn't an NVDA problem but a problem with Sapi itself because It doesn't happen with ESpeak.  I have managed to change the rate through windows but I wish the rate could be slightly faster though, and I would not like to use the boost checkbox on NVDA itself.

On 12/19/2019 7:20 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Did you raise the native 1 core voices to 100 percent and control the nvda slider after that? That tends to help me there. I have the rate boost on and I don't notice any choppyness.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 15:03, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I have increased the speech rate of my NVDA One Core voices to the maximum 100% but it is still rather draggy.  I tried to boost the rate via the NVDA speech settings but I don't like the result because speech then becomes more choppy and less intelligible even when I drop the rate down after applying the boost.  Is there a way I can speed up the speech via the native windows speech settings itself?  Thanks for any help.  Cheers!