Re: Add-on for marked-up texts

I don't know if the function did exist, but there was an MS-Word add-on that was recently removed from the add-ons page due to lack of ongoing maintenance and incompatibility with upcoming releases of NVDA:

Important community add-ons website update: Word add-on declared end of life, removed from add-ons website

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, it's one thing to remove these things from the "active and maintained" page, but there should be a corresponding "obsolete archived" page they could be kept on.  There are lots of folks who are using older versions of NVDA or might just use an older version with an older add-on for task specific activities.  It's not "rocket science" to know that things on an "obsolete and archived" page will not work with current releases, and it's easy enough when moving stuff to such to note something like, "works with NVDA versions up to {insert last version number it works with here}."  There is no active support for such add-ons or problems with them, either.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)