Re: Setting Up New All-In-One Computer with Win10, Acer Brand

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 02:49 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Firstly you will need to navigate a website the  acer site with your model and serial, to get all the driver and programs you want.

You will then have to download the windows media creation tool, run it, follow the instructions to make a bootable usb stick.
The style of computer has little to no bearing on the vast majority of setup of Windows 10.

If this is a brand new computer with Windows 10 shipped with it there is no reason to need to go to the Acer support pages for drivers as the manufacturer drivers will already be installed.  One very seldom needs to do this at all these days, as most OEMs have gotten much better about supplying Microsoft with their drivers for inclusion in The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud that's used by Win10 to get drivers.  There is a rare exception, but I never go to get drivers in advance anymore.  If you have a non-functional or flaky device, then you can go to get the OEM driver if needed.

It is generally a bad idea to take a brand new machine with Windows 10 installed by the OEM and do a completely clean Windows 10 reinstall "just because."  There are rare times where that may need to be done, but it's just as easy to remove bloatware that might come with the machine, or just ignore it, than it is to do a completely clean reinstall on a machine with an already fresh Windows 10 instance running on it.  If the instance is stale from sitting on the shelf, well, Windows Update will take care of that in short order.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)