Re: Hide quoted messages?

Nowadays, when replying to threads on this list I used the web interface, which avoided the possibility of accidentally inserting quoted messages.

What I've been seeing is that, not only were the bottom of each messages contain quoted messages in full, but from time-to-time those quoted messages also contain quoted messages, once again in full. This makes navigating through threads really annoying. I know that when replying to a message, it's good to quote the message in question, but there has to be an option to hide it, either in the user settings page or on the thread display page.

Alternatively, the quoting of messages can be avoided entirely if there is a threaded system of replies, I.E when I reply to a message my reply would appear as another level under the original messages, of course with the option to either expand or collapse the replys.