Re: Windows OneCore Voices Speed

Gene

Is there any particular reason not to use a compatible version of NVDA at this time?  If there is no important reason to switch, you can wait to see if a compatible version comes out or you can purchase something compatible when you have a reason to use a newer version of NVDA.  I don't know what else may now be compatible but the Code factory add-on is and I would think that the SAPI 5 Eloquence you can purchase would be compatible because, being SAPI 5, it relies on SAPI 5 and doesn't care about how NVDA is coded, so long as it properly implements that standard, which has nothing to do with the transition to Python 3.  (spelling)

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 8:57 AM
To: nvda
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 1 Core Voices Speed

Which voices do you use? The version of Eloquence I am using is nout out for NVDA 2019.3. I find Espeak very difficult to use and don't have options besides the 1 Core voices.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 9:18 AM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Hi.

You might like to try the rate boost. If it’s turned on NVDA will speak very fast. If using laptop, hold down control, shift, NVDA and use left or right arrow to navigate to rate boost option. Press up arrow to turn it on, down arrow to turn it off.

I am I am not sure what the commands for desktop are.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of kelby carlson
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 8:44 AM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Windows 1 Core Voices Speed

Is there a way to increase the speed of the Windows 1 Core Voices while using them with NVDA? Even set at 100%, the rate is still extremely slow.

--

Kelby Carlson

--
Kelby Carlson

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.