Re: Eloquence in XP and Windows 10

Hareth

After the eloquence for android ripoff
I won't purchase any Code Factory product in the future.
they have the poorest license check and fix if error bit it.
among all the paid software I've known and used.
plus From the way of their updates routine,
It look like they higher temp developers to patch and leave.

On 12/23/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
For anyone still using XP who is interested, Code Factory states that MSAPI5
Eloquence works in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. I tried it on my XP Service
Pack 3 machine today and it runs properly. Many years ago, I tried it on
another XP machine I no longer have running Service Pack 2. It ran in that
as well so it will probably run in XP in general.

Also, since an MSAPI5 synthesizer should run in any program that supports
MSAPI5 speech, it should run in the beta versions of NVDA as well as in the
earlier versions. So it should make no difference if you are going to use
the new versions as they come out or continue to use an old one.