Re: Windows OneCore Voices Speed

Arlene

Hi, I only used Eloquence with jaws. I use whatever voice NVDA comes with.  I change the rate to my liking!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Annette Moore
Sent: December 23, 2019 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 1 Core Voices Speed

I stopped using Eloquence a while back. I didn't think I'd ever get used to a different voice, but I now actually prefer Microsoft Zira in the OneCore voices, and yes, you can speed them up. You have to go to the rate boost option and check it. to get to the rate boost option, I do the following:

NVDA+control+v, then tab over until you hear rate boost. Check that box and tab to OK. You might be able to play around with the rates after checking that rate boost box before going to OK, but I'd hit OK, then I'd go back into those settings and set your rate and then tab to OK again. If you have NVDA 2019.2 this should work. I think the rate boost option came as a feature to 2019.2. It was either 1 or 2, I don't remember, but I'm certainly glad it's available. Hope this helps.

Annette

On 12/23/2019 8:57 AM, kelby carlson wrote:

Which voices do you use? The version of Eloquence I am using is nout out for NVDA 2019.3. I find Espeak very difficult to use and don't have options besides the 1 Core voices.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 9:18 AM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

Hi.

You might like to try the rate boost. If it’s turned on NVDA will speak very fast. If using laptop, hold down control, shift, NVDA and use left or right arrow to navigate to rate boost option. Press up arrow to turn it on, down arrow to turn it off.

I am I am not sure what the commands for desktop are.