Re: Eloquence in XP and Windows 10

Hareth

Shaun,

With android its like
when ever you out of internet connection, and rebooted your phone,
change battery, when that was done a lot years back.
you'd end up with a total silent phone,
it happen with me during a time with very important call to make,
when I was in a busy street, Had to ask a total stranger to dial the
number for me.
the only times I've used it after,
was for testing the voice app after its rarely updates. and of
course, the same crap we got from them despite their responds, years
back, with a promises for a final fix.

I won't believe a word coming out of of them.

On 12/24/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Their licences are ok as long as you deactivate before any major bios or
os update and you can reset them easily by contacting them or atguys
where I got my stuff from.

The issue I have is if the server goes down and they ask to well check
to see if they are active they instantly becaome non active.

You don't lose your seat but still.

On 24/12/2019 12:09 pm, Hareth wrote:
After the eloquence for android ripoff
I won't purchase any Code Factory product in the future.
they have the poorest license check and fix if error bit it.
among all the paid software I've known and used.
plus From the way of their updates routine,
It look like they higher temp developers to patch and leave.

On 12/23/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
For anyone still using XP who is interested, Code Factory states that
MSAPI5
Eloquence works in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. I tried it on my XP
Service
Pack 3 machine today and it runs properly. Many years ago, I tried it
on
another XP machine I no longer have running Service Pack 2. It ran in
that
as well so it will probably run in XP in general.

Also, since an MSAPI5 synthesizer should run in any program that
supports
MSAPI5 speech, it should run in the beta versions of NVDA as well as in
the
earlier versions. So it should make no difference if you are going to
use
the new versions as they come out or continue to use an old one.

Gene

.