Re: Announcing Capital Letters

Gene

I suspect you are using the illegal add-on which isn’t supported on the list.  the list can’t, for legal reasons, support oor assist in using such software.  If you want Eloquence that functions properlhy, you can ppurchase either an add-on for it or an MSAPI version of Eloquence.  I and other list members would be happy to provide more information.  You can try demos of both, if you wish.

Meantime, trhy switching to another synthesizer to see if capital notification works properly.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing Capital Letters

You might be onto something there I am using eloquence which did not come as part of the initial NVDA download thoughts welcome and thanks Colin

On 26 Dec 2019, at 6:44 pm, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

You should hear a beep if the caps lock is on and you use the shift key and type a letter.  NVDA by default raises the pitch of capital letters.  If you don’t hear that, what synthesizer are you using.  The first thing we need to determine is whether the problem is a limitation of the synthesizer or some problem perhaps with the NVDA installation.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 12:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] Announcing Capital Letters

I am new to NVDA and recognise this is a basic question, however, I cannot seem to get NVDA to give me feedback with regard to if I am typing capital letters which is a concern as caps lock may be on by accident.

Please confirm settings to be ticked and how to ensure settings are saved in case this is the issue.

Thanks

Colin