Re: Announcing Capital Letters

Gene

That is not correct.  Fifty percent is extrremely too high pitched for some synthesizers.  It may be alright for others.  the default is 30 percent and I wouldn't assume that that is remotely correct for a lot of synthesizers.  also, these settings are all on by default and they don't change from one synthesizer to another.  It is very unlikely that a new user would turn them off.   Therefore, the problem is very likely related to the synthesizer or some problem with the NVDA installation.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing Capital Letters

Hi
Use NVDA+Control+k to open the Keyboard settings dialog and ensure the
check box entitled "Beep if typing lowercase when caps lock is on" is
checked.  This will cause a beep to sound if you type a shifted
letter, giving you a big clue that caps lock is on."
Secondly, for each synthesizer you use, press NVDA+Control+v to open
the Voice Settings dialog and ensure the edit box entitled "Capital
pitch change perCentage" is set to at least 50%  This will make it
obvious that you are typing a capital letter or reviewing one when
reading letter by letter.  Note: Ensure you  have "Speak typed
characters" active (NVDA+NumRow 2) to get this feedback when typing.

Cheers
Chris