From: Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing Capital Letters

Hi
Use NVDA+Control+k to open the Keyboard settings dialog and ensure the
check box entitled "Beep if typing lowercase when caps lock is on" is
checked. This will cause a beep to sound if you type a shifted
letter, giving you a big clue that caps lock is on."
Secondly, for each synthesizer you use, press NVDA+Control+v to open
the Voice Settings dialog and ensure the edit box entitled "Capital
pitch change perCentage" is set to at least 50% This will make it
obvious that you are typing a capital letter or reviewing one when
reading letter by letter. Note: Ensure you have "Speak typed
characters" active (NVDA+NumRow 2) to get this feedback when typing.

Cheers
Chris

I suspect you are using the illegal add-on which isn’t supported on the
list. the list can’t, for legal reasons, support oor assist in using
such
software. If you want Eloquence that functions properlhy, you can
ppurchase
either an add-on for it or an MSAPI version of Eloquence. I and other
list
members would be happy to provide more information. You can try demos of
both, if you wish.

Meantime, trhy switching to another synthesizer to see if capital
notification works properly.