Re: confused

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I use the tree view to get to places quickly.  Aside from drive C I have E, F, H, K, and N as well as needing to get to Dropbox quickly. Can you imagine all the backspacing I would have to do?

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] confused

Its interesting.  You have established that the tree view is workihng properlhy but that NVDA isn’t recognizing it.  Are you pursuing this because you particularly want to use the tree view instead of the list view or just as a matter of curiosity and interest? 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:32 PM

Here is an update. I discovered that when I shift tab to where the tree view is suppose to be and I know the first two letters of where I am trying to get to I find I am in the correct place. Even though nothing is announced until I tab to the item view and voila! I’m in the right place. So the tree view is there but NVDA is not announcing where I am.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:38 AM
To: Gene; nvda@nvda.groups.io

I just looked at the setting in the advanced category.  I don't think it applies, but if the check box is checked, uncheck it.  I doubt you ever changed the setting but I was trying to think of something that might apply.

Also, though I don't think it would make any difference, have you tried changing the window, maximizing it if it isn't, or restoring it if it isn't?

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:52 AM

Is the item view the same as a list view?  If so, you can use it very efficiently and, I prefer the list view because nothing automatically opens.  Simply back space to move up one level and press enter to open something like a drive or a folder. 

As to why the tree view isn't being read, I don't know, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the UIA setting being used.  I don't know where it is in NVDA, but there is a setting for using UIA or not using UIA.  What is it set for?  others can discuss that setting in more detail, I don't have Windows 10.

]Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:46 AM

Subject: [nvda] confused

I have downgraded to 2019.2 and I still get the same result. When I open file explorer and shift tab from the item view to what  should be the tree view NVDA does not speak. If I shift tab again it says Cortana. When I turn NVDA off and open JAWS the tree view is there. Two weeks ago everything was fine. I have even uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled and get the same results. On my laptop which is also running NVDA2019.2.1 it is working just fine in this area.  The only major thing that I have done in this time period is to upgrade Windows to    

Version 1909 OS build 18365.535.

I am running the same version and build on the laptop but not having this problem in file explorer there.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.