From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 7:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] confused

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 05:14 AM, David Griffith wrote:

I would be tempted to do a Windows Re-install with all these difficulties with the core functioning of my main screenreader.

I would be inclined to agree, but only if the two things I suggested earlier, which are less aggressive, don't fix the issue:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2.
Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Everything that has been said in both topics related to this issue very directly suggest OS corruption, plain and simple.  The number and nature of the issues, which are atypical, are a big, red flag.

You can spend forever trying to determine what's wrong, and never get there, while using the above, followed by a completely clean reinstall if neither of those work, will get you back on track even if one has to reconfigure one's computer after a completely clean reinstall.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)