Re: confused

I have merged the "more confused" topic into this one as they are about one and the same machine and issue.

Joseph, the OP indicates they've tried the COM registration fixing tool with no change, but that was in the former "more confused" topic that's now merged with this one.

I stand by my suggestions at this juncture as appropriate first steps in light of the tool already having been run and failed.  Using SFC/DISM or doing a Repair Install risks nothing.  At worst it doesn't work.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)