From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 10:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] confused

Tyler,

           This is what's in the issue, and I quote:

"On my win10 machine, this python console command fixes it if NVDA is run as administrator, but I forgot exactly what it does. It seems to return an error, but I'm not sure how to turn the int back into a HRESULT. However, it doesn't work on the win7 VM:
import comtypes,ctypes;p=comtypes.typeinfo.LoadTypeLibEx(r"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll");ctypes.windll.oleaut32.RegisterTypeLib(p, ur"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll", None)
"

I'm sorry, but even as a computer geek with decades of experience it was not entirely clear to me under what conditions this worked, or didn't.  And I doubt that most readers here, including myself, have Python console expertise or even a moment's experience, which matters.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)