Re: confused

Kevin Cussick

You were asked to run the com registration tool and You did not do this.

On 27/12/2019 07:20, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
The problem still exists. I noticed that when I press windows +t to bring up the task bar it says unknown there too.
I have done the following:
Run restore
Uninstalled NVDA
Deleted the NVDA folder in app-data\roaming
Downgraded to 2019.2
There is no change.
Is there something else I should have deleted after uninstalling to make sure NVDA was completely removed?
******
character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!
*From: *Joseph Lee <mailto:joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:48 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] more confusion
Hi,
Try the following in the order shown:
1. Restart NVDA while focused on these apps.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run “COM registration fixing tool” – NVDA menu/Tools/Run COM
registration fixing tool and follow the prompts.
Cheers,
Joseph
Now when I go to chrome it only says unknown. In IE it only reads the title bar. In Edge I get a little more but it drags a lot before saying anything.
******
character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!