Re: NVDA Buzzing and Speaking in a Compressed Way During Keyboard Input on a Fast Laptop

Jackie

Hey Luke? The file gives an unsupported video format error.

My first thought is that you're running RealTeck & that you need an
updated driver. You've also got some audio software on there called
Nahemic, & it wants to optimize your audio experience. Do not, under
any circumstances, allow that, as I will guarantee-told you it will be
beyond suboptimal. It's kind of a b-word to navigate, too,
unfortunately, but it is actually text-based, so object nav & the tab
key are your friends.

I realize the whole situation is unacceptable, unfortunately, I'm kind
of committed till after New Year's day, so I'm not in a position to
give much more help than this at present. Hopefully, though, it's
enough to give you a nudge in the proper direction. If not, we can
hopefully get together on the 2nd & troubleshoot this.

On 12/27/19, Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com> wrote:
Hello

Today I acquired an MSI laptop. Intel I7 Hexacore 2.6 GHZ (4.5 burst), 32 GB

RAM, 64 bit.

I ran 2019.2.1 as a portable without problem, and installed 2019.3 beta.
Then I
updated from Windows 110 Home 1709 to 1809, and noticed the following weird

behavior. I subsequently updated to 1909, and nothing has changed.
I have never seen this before.

Using either ESpeak or OneCore, whenever I type quickly or move the mouse, I

find that speech either hangs up in bad robotic sounding buzzes, or gets
really
"small", like a munchkin version of the synth in use.

It is a bit hard to describe. So I made a small recording:
http://newanswertech.com/Weird-NVDA1.m4a

It happens always when I am typing quickly, or just moving quickly through a

file list with the arrow keys. As you can hear from the file, it even
happens
periodically when I am typing slowly.

This is really unacceptable.

I purged 2019.3 and installed 2019.2.1, but the same behavior continues.

If this were the old days, I would think there was some kind of IRQ conflict

between the keyboard and the audio subsystem.
It's been so long since I have had to solve that kind of problem though,
that
I'm not immediately sure how to diagnose it.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Luke