From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Mullins
Sent: 26 December 2019 23:48
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing Capital Letters

Hi
Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years then. I use 50% to make it
obvious because I find 30% can be indistinct in some cases.
At least when Colin experiences the output for whatever synthesizer he uses,
I'm sure he is capable of adjusting the setting to his personal preference.

Cheers
Chris

That is not correct. Fifty percent is extrremely too high pitched for
some synthesizers. It may be alright for others. the default is 30
percent and I wouldn't assume that that is remotely correct for a lot of
synthesizers.
also, these settings are all on by default and they don't change from
one synthesizer to another. It is very unlikely that a new user would
turn them
off. Therefore, the problem is very likely related to the synthesizer
or
some problem with the NVDA installation.