Re: NVDA Buzzing and Speaking in a Compressed Way During Keyboard Input on a Fast Laptop

Jeff Samco

I had  similar behavior for me start up about 3 weeks ago. I use current NVDA public release on a Windows 10 laptop. I have RealTech sound but cannot locate where to check enhancements. I looked in Sound Link oin Control Panel but couldn't find anything for enhancements. Can someone direct me?

Thanks,
jeff

At 08:13 PM 12/28/2019, you wrote:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

Wow, that sounds really strange. I'm sure somebody already gave you the hint to disable the audio enhancements for your
realtek playback speaker device?

Got it in one!

I completely forgot about that setting, since I don't have it on my primary laptop. Well, former primary laptop.

That took care of the issue, and all it cost was a 10DB loss of maximum volume which enhancements seems to provide.

Thanks Ralf, and to others who offered help; and blessings for 2020 to all on this list!

Luke