    Sent: Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2019 07:39
    To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
    Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Buzzing and Speaking in a Compressed Way During Keyboard Input on a Fast Laptop

Thank you, Luke.   Your instructions got me to the same place I had found on my own. But, I don't find an enhancements checkbox or anything similar. After  Exclusive mode is just a Restore Defaults.  This has me stumped.
I am working with my default sound device which is RealTech speakers.
Any other words of advice?
Jeff

At 10:06 PM 12/28/2019, you wrote:

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Jeff Samco wrote:

I had  similar behavior for me start up about 3 weeks ago. I use current NVDA public release on a Windows 10 laptop. I have RealTech sound but cannot locate
where to check enhancements. I looked in Sound Link oin Control Panel but couldn't find anything for enhancements. Can someone direct me?

Press Windows, and type:
sound
The first thing should be sound in settings. Press enter on that.

You should then find that your primary output device is selected automatically from the dropdown provided. If not, select it.
Then tab once to "Device properties" and press enter.
Next you tab (I believe) seven times, to "Additional device properties", and press enter.
Press shift tab, which takes you to the tabs of the properties window, and move right to "Advanced".

Tab from there until you find the enhancements checkbox, if you have one, and uncheck it. It should be right after "exclusive mode". Then hit apply or OK, and the rest is just getting back out.

There are more straight forward ways of getting to those settings right now, but that's the one I used tonight, so it's most fresh in my mind.

Hth.

Luke