Re: Battle With Win10

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Basically yes.
Beware though as some items, particularly on laptops have strange drivers only possibly available from the manufacturers. If its 10 keep it ten on a new machine. Turn off edge and use ie or firefox seems to be the way to go.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Battle With Win10

How about machines that came with Win10 installed? Do you have to do a fresh install of Win7 if you decide to get rid of win10? The big issue for me is MS Edge! Hopefully the August update will solve the related issues.

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Battle With Win10

If you take a full backup, including a system image (which is the critical thing in this case), you can also choose to roll-back to Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 after the 30-day built-in rollback expires or if it fails (and it sometimes has).

For anyone who is thinking they really want to go to Windows 10 my advice would be to make a system image backup of your current system to your external backup drive and do your upgrade today or tomorrow. Once a given piece of hardware is licensed to run Windows 10 you can roll back to your earlier version if that's what you want for the time being and then install Windows 10 again, at no cost, at your desired time. I intend to do this with my remaining two Windows 7 machines.
--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.