Re: Finding text in an email

Gene

I doubt that modern e-mail programs are very susceptible to the kinds of attacks that might be tried when reading messages as HTML.  That is, if using the default settings which block external content.  And Thunderbird has simple HTML which only shows the text of a message using the HTML used to format the text but not running anything else.  Others may have more technical knowledge on the topic and may agree and disagree but it is my understanding that e-mail programs are well protected these days.  Also, I suspect that HTML e-mail attacks are seldom used these days because e-mail programs are quite secure and because you can get so much better results with phishing campaigns.

Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Finding text in an email

Martin and Jan,

I find that the read all command will work in a message that is in HTML
format. You do have to wait for the cursor to pass beyond the image to start
speaking. This is, of course, an awful nuisance if you are trying to get
through emails as fast as possible!

Anyway, you can easily change your Outlook options to view all emails in
Plain text as follows:
1. select "File" > "Options".
2. Select "Mail" in the left pane.
3. In the "Compose messages" section, change the "Compose messages in this
format:" to "Plain Text".

All the best,

Cearbhall