Re: Can't update Vocalizer with NVDA's latest?


Mike Sedmak
 

I plan to follow your option #2 when I do my upgrade.
Switch to windows core voices
deauthorize the existing vocalizer license.
Rui mentioned that there may be some delay in the license count
update, so you may need to wait for the key to be reclaimed if your
current remaining key count is 0.

Then update to 2019.3
Update to new vocalizer driver
Set vocalizer as the dfault synth

On 1/2/20, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:
I tried going ahead and updating to the new Vocalizer Driver, but because
I’m still running NVDA’s latest stable version it won’t allow for the
update, thus I’ve several questions for when the time comes to update
myNVDA; I’m worried I’ll have to cope with a silent NVDA, and my family
doesn’t know much of technology or computers, to be able to if this should
arise, help me out in the meantime.

1.-What’s the best course of action, then when updating to the latest NVDA
when it comes out, so that I won’t be without a voice, when the NVDA runs?
If I install the Beta of NVDA in portable mode, and I update Vocalizer that
way, will the upgraded voice come up speaking when the actual stable NVDA IS
RELEASED?

2.-Because I’ve Vocalizer to run as my default voice, would you guys
recommend then maybe defaulting to a windows10 voice to be on the safe side,
and then update the Vocalizer Driver from that perspective?


Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10



Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.