Re: Can't update Vocalizer with NVDA's latest?


I think that whenever testing a new voice, another voice be set as the default by being set and then saving the user configuration with control NVDA key c, unless a different voice is already the one that comes up when the program runs.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't update Vocalizer with NVDA's latest?

I plan to follow your option #2 when I do my upgrade.
Switch to windows core voices
deauthorize the existing vocalizer license.
Rui mentioned that there may be some delay in the license count
update, so you may need to wait for the key to be reclaimed if your
current remaining key count is 0.

Then update to 2019.3
Update to new vocalizer driver
Set vocalizer as the dfault synth

On 1/2/20, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:
> I tried going ahead and updating to the new Vocalizer Driver, but because
> I’m still running NVDA’s latest stable version it won’t allow for the
> update, thus I’ve several questions for when the time comes to update
> myNVDA; I’m worried I’ll have to cope with a silent NVDA, and my family
> doesn’t know much of technology or computers, to be able to if this should
> arise, help me out in the meantime.
> 1.-What’s the best course of action, then when updating to the latest NVDA
> when it comes out, so that I won’t be without a voice, when the NVDA runs?
> If I install the Beta of NVDA in portable mode, and I update Vocalizer that
> way, will the upgraded voice come up speaking when the actual stable NVDA IS
> 2.-Because I’ve Vocalizer to run as my default voice, would you guys
> recommend then maybe defaulting to a windows10 voice to be on the safe side,
> and then update the Vocalizer Driver from that perspective?
> Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.