Re: euro symbol

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Yes, I agree, but Charles gave the correct hint. I just tested it with US Win10 and US keyboard layout: control right-alt-E does the job.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of André
Sent: Freitag, 3. Januar 2020 18:09
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] euro symbol

The keystroke right-hand-side Alt plus letter E does not work with standard qwerty keyboard layout, but it works for instance with the German qwertz keyboard layout.
To my knoledge, the procedure with 'hold Alt and press 0128 on the numpad' is the only universal procedure on Windows.
If you don't have a physical numpad, then usually pressing the Fn key allows you to turn your laptop keyboard layout into a numpad, where letter j corresponds to numpad 1, letter k to numpad 2, letter l to numpad 3, letter u to numpad 4, letter i to numpad 5, letter o to numpad 6, number 7 to numpad 7, number 8 to numpad 8, number 9 to numpad 9, and letter m to numpad 0.
Another alternative should be to use the international US keyboard layout. But there I don"t know any details myself.
Best regards and a happy new year, Marti

--
Martin Wiemer

Grabensprung 185
12683 Berlin