Re: Joseph Lee's add-ons wave 1: Add-on Updater 20.01 #addonrelease

Hi,

NVDA 2019.3 is available in beta form at the moment. Unlike other releases, you need to make sure add-ons are ready for 2019.3 before trying out the beta release.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 8:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons wave 1: Add-on Updater 20.01 #AddonRelease

Joseph, when will the new NVDA be ready for download? I just updated addon updater and the addons it found were for 2019.3 and I am running 2019.2.1. I went to NVAccess  but could not find 2019.3.

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons wave 1: Add-on Updater 20.01 #AddonRelease

Hi,

Go to addons.nvda-project.org, then select “Add-on Updater” link.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Thompson
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 5:42 PM

Hi Joe, Thanks for your updates.  I forgot where to go to get this new add on updater.  I have nvda 19.2.

Can you shoot me an email with the link to your site or the updater file?

Thanks in advance.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2020 2:09 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons wave 1: Add-on Updater 20.01 #AddonRelease

Hello NVDA users,

For the next few days, I’ll be releasing first 2020 updates for various add-ons (for some, the very last version from me). For most add-ons they will require NVDA 2019.3 or later – if you are using 2019.2.1 or earlier, you can ignore these releases for now except Add-on Updater.

As first part of release wave, Add-on Updater 20.01 is now available. This is a mandatory update (compatible with NVDA 2019.2 and later) as it is designed to prepare the community for NVDA 2019.3. After installing 20.01, you’ll see a message about NVDA 2019.3 and add-ons. If you wish to see which add-ons are compatible (majority are), select “compatibility” button offered.

Note: Add-on Updater 20.01.x is the last series to be compatible with NVDA 2019.2. Shortly after NVDA 2019.3 is released, another update to Add-on Updater will show up, this time compatible with 2019.3 and later only.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.