Re: Reading boxes in Microsoft Word

Pranav Lal

Hi Kevin,

If the graphics consist of text that has been made into a picture, you will have to use OCR. You will have to unzip the docx file and OCR the images that you will find in the media folder. If however, the images have alternative text tags, then the following post from Jean NZ will help.

Pranav
Hi

I hope i have got it right that you want.

for example when you open the document then go to the top of the page, change nvda into browse mode.
Is it the text out of the graphics you want? If so press the letter G for graphic say to get to the first one. It will read out a bit of stuf of which I remembered the first and last word of the alt text.

Next I used the nvda key + the spacebar to go into focus mode on the grphic.

The next step was to used the numeric keypad. Make sure numlock is off.
I noted the first and last word, so I could figure out what was what.

Next i use the number 7 on the numeric keypad to use the review text cursor to take me one line up at a time to where the first word was. I thenused either the number 4 or 6 to find the start of the line of the sentence.
I then used the number one on the numeric keypad to take me to the very first letter of the sentence. Next i used the nvda key + the f9 key to start the mark which was at the start of the sentence.

I then used the number 9 on the numeric keypad to take me down one line at a time.
When I got to the very last line and it was read out, then I used the number 6 to take me one word to the right till i go to the last work.
The next thing I done was used the number 3 to take me one character to the right until i was at the end of the work say full stop.
Then I used the nvda key + the f 10 key to finish the mark.
to see if it was copied right then i used the nvda key + the letter C and it was spoken out.

On the numeric keypad the number 7 was previous sentence, 8 is curent, 9 is next
4 was previous word, 5 was current, and 6 was next.
1 was previous character, 2 was current and 3 was next.

I got the wife to verify that it was the text spoken from the graphic that was copied.

You will need to change back to browse mode to repeat teh process on another and do what was said above to each graphic .

hope this helps.

Hopefully this is what you meant.

Gene nz

http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook by visiting the following link https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
Also, check out which NZ libraries have the NVDA screen reader available by visiting the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
To download your own copy of the free NVDA screen reader please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ To get your free copy of the SpeechHub synthesiser package (which works well with NVDA), the SpeakOn MediaSuite (which is a self voicing application), or the SpeakOn CalcPad (calculator program) please visit http://www.speakon.org.uk/<b>

On 27/01/2016 8:36 p.m., Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Yes, here is an example.
Please search for the second *~* in the document. Arrow down a couple
times and you will find it.
Object review does not seem to work for me.
*note* NVDA will read it with up and down arrow, but not with left or
right arrow.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Gene NZ
<hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz
<mailto:hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz>> wrote:

Hi

Have you got a example?

I know on graphics if i want to know what it says aftr it has been
spoken out, I can use the review text cursor in nvda. It will even
let me do it right down to character.

I have not got any here to try it out on to see if the same thing
can be used.

Gene nz

<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website
for NVDA tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight
related topics.
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up
to date with whats being updated on our website, you can also
follow us on facebook by visiting
the following link
https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
Also, check out which NZ libraries have the NVDA screen reader
available by visiting the following link
To download your own copy of the free NVDA screen reader please
visit http://www.nvaccess.org/
To get your free copy of the SpeechHub synthesiser package (which
works well with NVDA), the SpeakOn MediaSuite (which is a self
voicing application), or the SpeakOn CalcPad
(calculator program) please visit http://www.speakon.org.uk/<b>

On 27/01/2016 7:49 a.m., Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone know how to read letter by letter in the alt text
of a graphic in MS word? My school sends me books with alt
text on graphics and NVDA will read the alt text, but often
there are equations in the alt text and I can't arrow through
the equation to read what it says slowly.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

message or click the link provided by the email.
To modify your NVDA Email settings or view archives:
To contact list moderators, send an email to
nvda-moderators@freelists.org <mailto:nvda-moderators@freelists.org>.

Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong.
Donate at:
http://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Other links:
Come talk with other NVDA users on irc.blufudge.net
<http://irc.blufudge.net> #NVDA
Get NVDA add-ons at:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/
NVDA on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8601265515
Get SkypeTalking for NVDA:
http://skypetalking.googlecode.com/

NVDA on freelists.org

To modify your NVDA Email settings or view archives:
To contact list moderators, send an email to nvda-moderators@freelists.org.

Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/
http://www.nvaccess.org/donate

Other links:
Come talk with other NVDA users on irc.blufudge.net #NVDA Get NVDA add-ons at: