First, apologies for compatibility issues many of you have experienced with recent releases from me. As a result, I’m delaying release wave 4 (Control Usage Assistant, Enhanced Touch Gestures, GoldWave, Object Location Tones) until NVDA 2019.3 release candidate is released (originally scheduled for January 6th).
Add-on Updater 20.01.1 is on its way. This release rectifies shortcomings discovered in 20.01 by:
- Mentioning steps to pause add-on updates: if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, an additional text has been added to the message you get after installing this add-on, telling you how you can pause automatic add-on update checks for now (until 2019.3 is released).
- Release context matters: because NVDA 2019.3 is in beta testing phase, message text shown for 2019.2.1 users will reflect whether or not 2019.3 stable version is available or not.
- Focus on the message: the first time you restart NVDA after installing this add-on, automatic add-on update check will be paused. This is to ensure that you focus on the message, understand it, and take necessary steps. Automatic add-on update check will resume after restarting NVDA a second time provided that you didn’t pause automatic add-on update check facility. Manual add-on update check will still function.
Originally I was going to partially revert recent update releases, but decided against that because:
- It will break features in one or more add-ons (this affects StationPlaylist users the most).
- It will lead to further confusion, especially for people using NVDA 2019.3 alpha/beta where an “upgrade” is really a downgrade.