Re: creating start page with Firefox using NVDA

Lisa P Geibel

Hi Gene,

SMILE Thanks so much! I thought I was fully awake, but maybe not for techy things, but with your instructions, my husband, Marcus was able to create our page. Thanks much!

Lisa P. Geibel
For Mine and Marcus's Christian and Messianic audio show, call 631-403-1002 and press 9997 for that show.
For Marcus's Big Brother breaking news and shows, call the same number above, but press 9998 for that show.
For either show, once you're in, press 1, then 0
If you want to hear previous shows, after dialing the above phone number and choosing which show you want, press 2.
We'd love to hear from anyone about these shows and thank you for listening.
email:
lisapgeibel429@...
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
May YHWH bless you all

On 1/5/2020 2:13 PM, Gene wrote:
You already know how to open options.  Once you have done so, turn off browse mode or you won't see the list of categories.  The command to toggle it off and on is NVDA space.
Now shift tab, its closer, until you get to the list.  NVDA says list.
Down arrow to home.  Turn browse mode on again and start tabbing.  If something is unclear, up or down arrowing from where you are may provide explanatory text, I haven't checked carefully enough to be sure.
You will get to a combo box where you select what you want, a blank page, a user determined page, or the Firefox page.
Work with the combo box as usual, open it with alt down arrow and look through it.  Tab after you find what you want and in one or two tabs, you'll see options if you select the user URL.  You will see a combo box that repeats what you have been working with such as user URL but don't worry about that.  I think it’s the same one but again, I didn't check.  I just knew it was irrelevant and I kept tabbing.
You probably know how to do the rest, your problem was probably that you didn't know how to get to the list of categories by going into forms mode.
Using the latest version of NVDA and Firefox on a Windows 10 computer
also using the latest build, how do you create a start page in Firefox?
Please be detailed with the instructions as it looks so different than
older versions of FF? Thanks.

--
Lisa P. Geibel
For Mine and Marcus's Christian and Messianic audio show, call 631-403-1002 and press 9997 for that show.
For Marcus's Big Brother breaking news and shows, call the same number above, but press 9998 for that show.
For either show, once you're in, press 1, then 0
If you want to hear previous shows, after dialing the above phone number and choosing which show you want, press 2.
We'd love to hear from anyone about these shows and thank you for listening.
email:
lisapgeibel429@... <mailto:lisapgeibel429@...>
Twitter:
LisaLisa429