Re: Two problems encountered in Nvda when using Google Docs

Quentin Christensen

Chiming in late to this thread.  NVDA is reporting capital letters in Google docs for me, both in Chrome and Firefox.  What I have found is that OneCore voices don't adjust pitch as much as other synthesizers so the default 30% increase in pitch for capital letters isn't as clearly audible a change.  If you open NVDA's Speech settings and set beep for capitals or say cap before capitals, you should find these more clearly indicate the change of case.

Re reporting of spelling errors, this is a known issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8155  I think it is something we need Google to expose before NVDA is able to report them the same way as in Word for instance.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 3:12 AM Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
Marcos, as I already told you, the first case is a Google Docs
accessibility, since NVDA is set to do not echo typed characters...

The second case, NVDA making the noise to announce a word with an error,
maybe it is possible...

Rui Fontes

--
Quentin Christensen