Re: OCR

Gene

I don't know if the bug was ever corrected, but Omnipage used to and may still have a bug that causes text to be misplaced when scanning multiple columns or two opposing pages.  Fine Reader never had such a bug.

Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

I was more thinking of OCR to use with a hardware scanner.  Sorry, I didn't expand on that thought originally :)

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM Jason White via Groups.Io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io> wrote:

ABBYY was updated last year. I haven’t yet purchased the upgrade, so can’t comment on the latest version. It handles document formatting well, including headings and footnotes from scanned images of journal articles.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of "Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io" <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 18:48
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

i use abby