Re: NVDA word training
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
That's a tricky one. A couple of things to try / check:
- Are you using any add-ons for Office which might be impacting performance (EG OCR / grammar checking or other things). Try disabling those and see if the problem persists.
- Does the issue still occur without NVDA running - possibly tricky to assess without sighted help. I'm not sure which version of Windows you are using, but on Windows 10 at least, you can run Narrator to check.
- Office has a "repair" feature which will check to see if anything is corrupt or misbehaving and endeavour to fix it. It might be something is not working properly in Office that this could fix.
- Does it only happen in Word, or does it happen in other Office programs? EG the delay moving to the ribbon I would expect to be replicated across Office in most cases.
- Try pressing NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER. If the problem goes away, it is likely an NVDA add-on you are using - look for add-on updates and / or reenable your addons one at a time and see when the problem comes back. That should identify the culprit.
After all that, if you go to your NVDA settings - NVDA+control+g, set the log level to "debug", recreate the issue in Word, then press NVDA+F1 to open the log view, select all (CONTROL+A), copy (CONTROL+V) and then paste in an email to me, I can see if anything obvious appears.
On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 3:20 AM David Mehler <dave.mehler@...> wrote: