From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: January-10-20 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

Hmph.
I did not know that.
So I guess we can view the knfb reader is the kurzweil home version with just basic scanning and ocr without the other stuff.
Now eventually I plan to get the regular k1000 as I used it at university for various things, including braille conversion, and its a really good program.

On 11/01/2020, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Shaun,

The k in knfb comes from Kurzweil.

The earliest versions of Kurzweil scanning software go back to the
seventies.