Re: OCR

Angel

Perhaps the difficulty often encountered with optical character recognition software might be the sort of scanner employed.  I upgraded my computer, recently.  Which involved purchasing a new scanner.  I changed brands of scanner.  I found my new scanner made quite a difference in the ability to recognize character recognition.  Of course, I use the “Open Book” program.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

While in university, I tried the demo and liked it.

I couldn't afford the software so just cracked it with some serials some

guy gave me from somewhere.

I used it for the next 5 years.

My eventual plan then was to buy the software but when I upgraded to the

next windows version, that was one of the things I had to give up.

If I ever get a actual well paying contract or something or win loto or

something which gets me a load of cash though I'm going to buy it.

I found the program a seemless experience using both abbyy and omnipage

engines with braille translation and pdf viewing second to none and it

would always be the prefured scanner of choice.

I use abbyy fine reader and while that and knfb does work well enough, I

would prefur it as it saved my rear many times.