Re: OCR

Monte Single

I have been using scanners since the last millennium.

I have used Canon, hp and Epson brands.

From my experience, the only reason the scanner would yield poor results is if the platen is dirty or the quality of the  text is poor.

It is the ocr software and the software setting that determine the results.

Just because the hardware specs of the scanner   are higher has nothing to do with the ocr results.

Most ocr software is set  to 300 dots per inch when scanning text.

This is about the lowest resolution a typical scanner is set to.

I may be be mistaken in some respect,  but this has been my experience.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Angel
Sent: January-11-20 6:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

Perhaps the difficulty often encountered with optical character recognition software might be the sort of scanner employed.  I upgraded my computer, recently.  Which involved purchasing a new scanner.  I changed brands of scanner.  I found my new scanner made quite a difference in the ability to recognize character recognition.  Of course, I use the “Open Book” program.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10