Re: some keyboard commands

Probably because it's generally not considered necessary (though I'll be shocked if someone doesn't come back saying there's a setting you can use to do just that).

Visually, you get no indicator that a copy has occurred, though a cut is obvious since something disappears and a paste is just as obvious because something appears.  That being said, the CTRL+C (copy), CTRL+X (cut), and CTRL+V (paste) commands are used so frequently and are, in my experience, 100% reliable or very close to it, and become such an automatic thing for keyboard shortcut users that announcement as a default would be auditory clutter.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)