Re: some keyboard commands

Hi,

Sort of exists – all that is needed to be done is authors requesting addition of their add-ons to community add-ons website. At the moment there is a discussion about how to improve add-ons submission and discovery.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 8:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] some keyboard commands

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:

There are others, like NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin and FakeClipboardAnouncement, both working in my NVDA Alpha with Python 3…

I have little doubt.

I have wished that there was a true, central repository for NVDA add-ons since I started working with NVDA, but I doubt it's ever going to happen.  I've been around when myriad different user-created add-ons with very specific functions have been brought up, but if you don't know about them they're virtually impossible to find.

It would be nice to have an add-on repository that included fully vetted add-ons, both for current and prior versions of NVDA, under development add-ons, and the "free for all" area of community created add-ons that are completely at your own risk as far as using them.  The only reason anything would be taken out of that last category is if something were determined to be malicious.

I doubt that such a repository will ever come into existence, though.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.

~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.