Re: ocr solutions

Hmmm can we use windows ocr outside nvda, and do any other windows programs use the windows ocr?

On 13/01/2020 10:32 am, Sky Mundell wrote:
There is but it only runs on windows 7 which is going to be discontinued in 48 hours (two days). OCR in NVDA is built in on windows 10. If you try to do insert R desktop or caps lock R laptop and your laptop or desktop runs windows 7 it will say, Windows 10 OCR not available.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 12:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ocr solutions

Isn't there an ocr addon for nvda?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: January-12-20 2:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hmph, another reason to maybe not use jaws, to be honest, if nvda could
have some scanner addon which could use finereader engine and others I'd
probably buy it, I mean I'd like a standalone program to but still.

It seems the best way forward is mainstream software then.

I'd like to know if those that use omnipage especially the later
versions and the ultimate version especially find it better than abbyy
or whatever.

I have a user staying on abyy 12 because its accessible, however, it
means I am using older software which will probably go out of date.

There was a time 3 or so years back when the network relied on dragon
naturally speaking and an offer/add came up from nuance about omnipage
and a rediculous offer on ultimate but I never took that.

On 13/01/2020 9:05 am, Sky Mundell wrote:
No they aren't they said they're now putting the OCR functions in JAWS.