Re: abbyy fine reader 15 issues

Gene

I should add that its been a long time since I used that very old version.  I may be incorrect and you may have to delete the material before scanning new material.  You could probably cut it to the clipboard but if you are going to do that or the copy method, I would suggest that having Clip Speak is important.  You need verification of copy and paste so you can do these things with confidence.  You don't want to check every time you paste to be sure the correct material was pasted.  In short, if you hear that material is copied and then pasted, it will save time in checking the end of every page to make sure it is different from last time.  Just one more reason its long since time to have copy and paste announced as a part of NVDA.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] abbyy fine reader 15 issues

If the window appears to be blank, what happens if you select all, then copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into Notepad?

In a very old version I used to use, my recollection is that if I did that, then scanned another page, new text replaced the old and I could add pages by copying and pasting.  It was a little extra work but if you are going to save eight or nine hundred dollars, its worth it.

I don't recall what was inconvenient or difficult to use regarding the recognized text in the window.

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:06 AM
Subject: [nvda] abbyy fine reader 15 issues

Hi.

I am in discussons with abbyy  on the fine reader program.

Can someone else test the latest v15 please, the trial will do,

1.  do the combo boxes in options not read when scroling.

2.  is there a delay on all the menus in particular the file menu and
are all things read.

3.  is the ocr editor working right and reading things.

In my case the file menu delays in both nvda and narator of course abyy
want me to use jaws which I won't be doing, though narator does work.

Options do read though narator does speak a lot of extra info.

Nvda reads the options but you have to tab and shift tab a bit when
scroling.

When I have used the ocr editor the main window where text is seems to
be blank.

These may be spaciffic nvda issues and how it interacts, maybe it needs
an addon.

Maybe after we switch over to 2019.3 I may look into seeing how to write
addons maybe.